[TLK] how to add a Like button

Translate Request has too much data
Parameter name: request
Translate Request has too much data
Parameter name: request

charlie1111New MemberRegistered: 2011-07-05Posts: 1

I need abit of help,I am trying to add the like button,it works but the code i am using is giving me a large box of white around the like button.My website is black so it looks bad

the code i am using is

   
      My Great Web page
   
   
       
   

Any help please?

benjaminbrayfieldNew MemberRegistered: 2011-07-06Posts: 1

After I input the URL and various Like Button options, the code will not generate. I get this message:

Only verified developers can be added as listed developers of this application. Read http://www.facebook.com/help/?faq=17580 for details.

Not sure where to go from here. I just want to simply add the Like Button to my website.

Thank you!

xiaosongNew MemberRegistered: 2011-07-07Posts: 1

I was thinking about something that obviously would be kinda major, but it is still worth considering...

If you took my suggestion and incorporated a meta tag generator into the existing like button generator page, a person could then choose whether the button was intended to be used on an 'article' or it was going to be used to solicit likes for a website, as a whole.

If you did this,cheap MBT Shoes it would be very clear that the one that promotes an article means the person likes the *content* of the article or post, and the other means you 'like' the site.  Right now the webmasters are unclear as to how to use the new marketing tool, and the users don't know what they are 'liking' because the icons are identical, but mean different things, in different contexts.  Even adding a mouseover would help clarify while keeping it's footprint to a minimum

zbbzNew MemberRegistered: 2011-07-07Posts: 1

Hi,

Need help! I was doing a comment box for my page but the "like" box doesn't show up when i put my page's link to returnurl. But it works when i put BMW's page link to it! i tried everything else it worked the like box appear but not "titiecofarm". How can i solve this problem?

here is the page : http://www.facebook.com/titiecofarm?sk=app_10531514314

here is my code :



pxeNew MemberRegistered: 2011-07-08Posts: 1

Hi,

Is it possible to like a specific tag page (application) in your fan page? So for e.g I have a fan page with several tab pages, but I want the user to only like the tab page he is seeing, not the complete fan page.

How can I check that with php?

timtimtNew MemberRegistered: 2011-07-10Posts: 3

Hi,

I manage to get the Like button showing on my site (http://www.nancysoyo.com/test.php), however the functionality behind it doesn't work! When clicking on the btn, I do get a FB login screen but no '[user] like [site]' message appears and the btn's counter goes from 0 to 1 and back to 0...

Any suggestions? (see code below, thanks in advance!)
Tim
---------------------


       
   
   
   
   
   



               
               

Last edited by timtimt (2011-07-10 11:27:20)

timtimtNew MemberRegistered: 2011-07-10Posts: 3

Thanks for your help Mayura4ever, however, I tried your solution but I'm still facing what seems to be the same problem (btn doesn't work and counter doesn't increase).

Below is my new code, which is implemented at http://www.nancysoyo.com/test.php.
'MyAppID' is the application ID of the only app I'm seeing on the My Applications page. Some remarks:
- I've tried entering this 'MyAppID digit string both with and without the quotes
- When obtaining the Like btn code from http://developers.facebook.com/docs/ref … ins/like/, I get an AppID that is different from the MyAppID number(!).
- At the same developers page, for getting the Open Graph tags, I'm asked to enter my FacebookID (I obtain this trough https://graph.facebook.com/tim.tijs). However, looking at the tags, it seems the code considers my FacebookID to be the app_id. Is that the way it should be?
- I assume I don't need to take any other actions like using the PHP SDK.

Anyone any other suggestions??

Thanks in advance!!

-------------------------------------


      
   
   
   
   
   





TheGuardnerNew MemberRegistered: 2011-07-11Posts: 3

Need some help. I have used the like button code generator several times and it looks like it works for half a second then poof, nothing happens or shows up on facebook? What the heck is going on?
this is the site I installed it on, any ideas?
http://sedonatravelcenters.com/

please help.

ymnNew MemberFrom: at officeRegistered: 2011-02-01Posts: 19Website

Hi,

I manage to get the Like button showing on my site (http://www.nancysoyo.com/test.php), however the functionality behind it doesn't work! When clicking on the btn, I do get a FB login screen but no '[user] like [site]' message appears and the btn's counter goes from 0 to 1 and back to 0...

Any suggestions? (see code below, thanks in advance!)
Tim
---------------------


       
   
   
   
   
   



               
               

1st - ping ur web at here--> https://developers.facebook.com/tools/lint

maybe can help : )

timtimtNew MemberRegistered: 2011-07-10Posts: 3theglobehuntersNew MemberRegistered: 2011-07-12Posts: 1

I have facebook page regarding to my website, i want to use facebook code that user like automatically FB page if they click to FB page. If it is possible then tell me how i implement. my FB page is http://www.facebook.com/YourDreamPartner

Comic BookedNew MemberRegistered: 2011-03-05Posts: 2

If there are any awesome, dedicated comic book fans out there, i need help getting the fb like button working again at http://www.comicbooked.com/ and forums.comicbooked.com. The only thing that has changed is that we switched servers. We just finished setting up a new server that is a VPS with Go Daddy. I cannot figure out for the life of me what is wrong. I've went through every page on this forum, have been googling for hours, and no luck. If someone could please help me figure out how to fix this problem, we would all be forever grateful. Thank you!

Will
CEO
Comic Booked LLC.

prahalad12New MemberRegistered: 2011-04-21Posts: 1

Offers Search Engine Optimization, Web Designing Services, Social Media Marketing, SEO Services and Local Search marketing Services at an affordable price. Call us on 9910493845 for more info.

gnayyarNew MemberRegistered: 2011-07-07Posts: 3

Is there any way to add the Like button for liking a FB page in my Flex code.

Everywhere, i am seeing the IFrame/Javascript based aproach. Can we embed Facebook Like button in Flex/Flash using Graph APIs ?

prakashmnglNew MemberRegistered: 2011-07-18Posts: 1

i added below like iframe to for like button to  ; how to add like button for each individual news id  ?

miggzmediaNew MemberRegistered: 2011-07-21Posts: 1

I am trying to add a 'Like' button on my webpage using XFBML, but every time I use the Facebook tool to generate the code it tells me that 'Only verified developers can be added as listed developers of this application. Read http://www.facebook.com/help/?faq=17580 for details.'

When I follow the instructions on how to verify my developer account using a cell phone, it indicates that the code has been send to the phone number I have entered, however I never receive a text with confirmation code.

I've tried it a few times, and now I get a message saying 'Sorry, we have already tried texting multiple codes and they all seem to have failed. Please click here to get help.'

Any idea why I am not receiving the confirmation code? Is there another way to do this?

lunchdutyNew MemberRegistered: 2011-07-25Posts: 2

Many, many trials and tribulations with implementing the Facebook "like" button.

We want to add a custom "like" icon to our site, but it's not clear to me how to do that without also getting involved in the open graph protocol settings. I'm not sure we need them.

We found a video that explains the process of adding a custom like button...but it doesn't seem to be working:

http://afjohnston.blogspot.com/2011/03/how-to-change-facebook-like-button.html

the part I might not have right is whether we need to go in as admin for the FB page to get it to refresh the new "like" icon. Also, we're testing this on an internal site...which might not work for testing this particular function.

Any thoughts or advice are most welcome.

Last edited by lunchduty (2011-07-25 07:52:18)

diquinnyonkNew MemberRegistered: 2011-07-27Posts: 2

I am looking for help with the like button, I have integrated it into an e-commerce site but it is pulling out a random image rather than the main product image itself. I have seen the methods to put into the header but that involves hard coding a URL image, where as I need the url to be dynamic depending on the product page that is navigated to. Does anyone have any idea or anywhere they could direct me for a solution?
the site is an asp.net site and the code on the product page is:

Many kind regards if anyone can help

DavidByrdenNew MemberRegistered: 2011-07-07Posts: 102Website

diquinnyonk:

Why can't you dynamically write the image URL into the metadata elements in the head of the page?

David

diquinnyonkNew MemberRegistered: 2011-07-27Posts: 2

Hi David,

But could I do it in a way to always load the main product image on product page it was loaded on? I read using the metadata way but it indicates using a solid link to one image.

diquinnyonk

DavidByrdenNew MemberRegistered: 2011-07-07Posts: 102Website

diquinnyonk:
You seem to have input data telling you what page you are on (/root/System/RequestedPage) so if the input also tells you what the image is, surely you can use that in a similar way?
I don't know (obviously) what is the full content of your input.

David

khatha0808New MemberRegistered: 2011-08-04Posts: 2Website

After I input the URL and various Like Button options, the code will not generate. I get this message:

Only verified developers can be added as listed developers of this application. Read http://www.facebook.com/help/?faq=17580 for details.

Not sure where to go from here. I just want to simply add the Like Button to my website.

Thank you!

you need to verified yourself first. Visit below link and follow the instruction
http://developers.facebook.com/blog/post/386/