[TLK]Q/about real-time updates

Translate Request has too much data
Parameter name: request
Translate Request has too much data
Parameter name: request

phuphaNew MemberRegistered: 2011-07-03Posts: 1

Hi,

I've subscribed for field "feed" of "user". I've got notified when there's a new comment. But how can I get the new comment? As I've got uid, I query for $facebook->api('$uid/feed?since=$lastupdate'). I can get the posts which are newer than $lastupdate. Unfortunately, I can't get the new comment.

Please advise.. Thanks for responding..

lawrencelawNew memberRegistered: 2009-05-04Posts: 5

Hi,

Did you notice that DELETE does not work? Sending a delete request returns the following:

Yes, same thing happens here, can't delete.

cferriosNew MemberRegistered: 2011-07-07Posts: 1

I'm trying to get real-time updates working, but I've stumbled on this error:

Fatal error: Uncaught OAuthException: (#2201) response does not match challenge, expected value = '257004145', received='257004145

As you can see, the echo'd string matches the challenge but it is not recognized. Also I've noticed the right single quote missing. Can anyone help out?

T_SuNew MemberFrom: Tokyo, JapanRegistered: 2011-04-14Posts: 45

Question:
I am an admin for a Page and wish to obtain realtime updates for when a user Likes the page. I am trying to do this via PHP. Is this possible? I have tried subscribing to the "Page" object and the "likes" field, to no avail.

Sorry if this is an inadvertent repost--I've searched the forums at length and could not self-answer.

[EDIT]

Incidentally, below is my code:

The result:

> > php callback_reg.php
Array
(
    [error] => Array
        (
            [type] => OAuthException
            [message] => (#100) "likes" is an invalid field name
        )

)

Last edited by T_Su (2011-07-07 22:11:21)

scippioNew MemberRegistered: 2011-05-16Posts: 1

Hi,

I like to catch event when user "Like it" (myapp) or "Unlike it"...

When I send POST request:

with:
callback_url: http://myurl.com/callback
object: user
fields: likes

and after this I send GET request

FB return:

why is fields false? sad Of course, the callback does not work...

EDIT:
hmm interesting... the problem is in Graph API Explorer... (the callback seems to be working)

Last edited by scippio (2011-07-18 23:41:56)

mahimaNew MemberRegistered: 2011-05-11Posts: 4

The Real time API is sending the following error if i try to subscribe picture in fields.

string(91) "{"error":{"type":"OAuthException","message":"(#100) \"picture\" is an invalid field name"}}"

i suppose this is a bug. Please see

pstongeMemberRegistered: 2009-03-02Posts: 33

Question:
I am an admin for a Page and wish to obtain realtime updates for when a user Likes the page. I am trying to do this via PHP. Is this possible? I have tried subscribing to the "Page" object and the "likes" field, to no avail.

I am trying to do the same thing as T_Su and have the same problem. I also tried subscribing for the feed, but I got the same "invalid field name" error. The documentation states that this should work with the feed, but it obviously doesn't.

When I originally authorized the application I asked for the offline_access, read_stream, publish_stream, manage_pages, and read_insights permissions.  I don't see any other permissions that may help me with getting data from pages through real-time updates. Do any of the permissions other than manage_pages even matter in this case?

jnakNew MemberRegistered: 2011-04-20Posts: 2

Real time updates about "user#television" is not working. I'm 99% it is working properly as "user#friend" work properly for my app.
when I ask for my subscriptions, it says {"object"=>"user", "callback_url"=>"my_url_callback", "fields"=>["friends", "tv"], "active"=>true} (my_url_call being my real api endpoint).
Any friending/unfriending event will be posted to my callback url, whereas tv liking/unliking, nothing happens...

Any clue of what s going on here ?

Thx !

obieoNew MemberRegistered: 2010-05-06Posts: 16

Will Facebook ever send the graph IDs for new posts, comments, user likes, etc on the feed connection?  Real-time updates is great but if you have to then go poll the page anyhow, its not much use?

Fritjof_AnderssonNew MemberFrom: Stockholm, SwedenRegistered: 2010-12-18Posts: 16

T_Su and pstonge:

In short, no, you can't subscribe to Pages through the Real Time API.

This bug was first reported well over a year ago. Facebook has ignored it until about two months ago. What they did then was to not fix the bug, but change the documentation so that it was in line with the bug (it no longer says that you can subscribe to pages) and then mark the bug in Bugzilla as fixed. They also answered that this will probably be the only thing they do to this bug.

I have spent so many days trying to get this to work, but I have now given up. Really sad thing. It seems the only way to tackle if you want to get info from a lot of pages is to set up a threaded script that polls the Graph API every minute or so. Extremely bad for performance. But since Facebook keeps ignoring all of us who are trying to beg them to fix this bug, and we by now in all honesty can't have any hope that they will fix this, there's really nothing else for us to do.

Fritjof Andersson
Stockholm, Sweden

PS. Be very happy that you are getting the "invalid field name" error. It took me days to figure out that a part of the bug was that it was not giving any error messages...

T_SuNew MemberFrom: Tokyo, JapanRegistered: 2011-04-14Posts: 45

@Fritjof_Andersson

Cheers for the well-considered response! I try to search through Bugzilla and other forums prior to posting, but must have phrased my query in a different manner. As far as Pages go, I wouldn't be surprised if Facebook starts offering, at some point, "premium access" to certain of its APIs, in which live updates of Likes and other information would be present. I can understand, however, that live updates like this would impose quite a large demand on their servers, and accordingly they would not necessarily want to offer easy public access to that information. Cron scripting it is!

Cheers,
T

danielsimons1New MemberRegistered: 2011-07-26Posts: 1

What is most disheartening about this whole "Facebook Real-Time mess" is that by far the most useful piece (Facebook Page Feed) is not available even though Facebook documentation clearly states that it is -> http://developers.facebook.com/docs/reference/api/page/

"The Page object supports Real-time Updates for feed, picture, tagged and checkins connections".

Given the size of Facebook, and the obscurity of Real-time updates, one can only assume that they've left the documentation this way intentionally to mask the functional short-comings.

cityzenNew MemberRegistered: 2011-07-27Posts: 1

Does anyone know if you can subscribe to real-time user feeds and get the user's friend's checkins?  It would appear so with the "friends_checkins" permissions but not quite sure if this works as I'm expecting or not.  If it does, is there any straightforward way to test it?

justme86MemberRegistered: 2007-12-17Posts: 96

Is anyone else having issues creating a subscribe this weekend ? All set up as usual, with the following confirmed from FB:

array(1) { ["data"]=> array(1) { [0]=> array(4) { ["object"]=> string(4) "user" ["callback_url"]=> string(64) "http://xxxx/subscribe.php" ["fields"]=> array(2) { [0]=> string(4) "feed" [1]=> string(6) "status" } ["active"]=> bool(true) } } }

Facebook or anyone else, can you confirm ?

totomalakyNew MemberRegistered: 2011-08-02Posts: 4

Hi
is it possible to put my callback_url with my localhost url because i tried to post subscription and when i want to look at my list of subscription, it is every time empty
please anyone can help me?

swhite1256New MemberRegistered: 2011-08-03Posts: 2Website

Is anyone else having issues creating a subscribe this weekend ? All set up as usual, with the following confirmed from FB:

array(1) { ["data"]=> array(1) { [0]=> array(4) { ["object"]=> string(4) "user" ["callback_url"]=> string(64) "http://xxxx/subscribe.php" ["fields"]=> array(2) { [0]=> string(4) "feed" [1]=> string(6) "status" } ["active"]=> bool(true) } } }

Facebook or anyone else, can you confirm ?

I'm having this same issue.

totomalakyNew MemberRegistered: 2011-08-02Posts: 4

xse me.
when i have tried to post subscription, i have this error every time:

error] => Array
                (
                    [type] => CurlUrlInvalidException
                    [message] => http://localhost/callback.php?hub.mode=subscribe&hub.challenge=755743810&hub.verify_token=abc is an internal url, but this is an external request.
                )

anyone can help me please?!!

eleniNew MemberRegistered: 2011-08-04Posts: 2

I am trying to add new membres to a friend lists but i get the following error:

Fatal error: Uncaught OAuthException: An unknown error has occurred. thrown in C:\xampp\htdocs\DSLProject2\src\facebook.php on line 543

my code is:

  $friendlists = $facebook->api('/me/friendlists');
                  foreach($friendlists as $key=>$value1){
                    foreach ($value1 as $k=>$v1){
                      if ($value == $v1['name']){
                       $v5 = $_POST['new_members'];
                           foreach ($v5 as $k4=>$v4){     ?>
 

     
                 
   //this line seems not to work!
   $facebook->api("/{$v1['id']}/members","post",$new_mem);

  does anyone know why the final line doesn't work???

totomalakyNew MemberRegistered: 2011-08-02Posts: 4

i have found solution of my problem

thanks